Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wet watercolor paper technique


I have tried this technique in the past, and I ended up with what I thought of as...sloppy results. Today I thought I would give it another shot and it turned out much better. To do the technique...you just mist some water on watercolor paper and then stamp on it with a solid stamp image. My best friend's grandma died today, so I made this to send to her. supplies: cardstock- Bravo Burgundy, So Saffron, True Thyme, watercolor paper; ink- Always Artichoke, Baroque Burgundy, So saffron; stamps- Rhonna Farrer clear flourish stamp, So very, Watercolor gardens; accessories- brads, ticket punch.

Question- Does anyone else have trouble trying to leave comments on some blogs? Ever since I registered on Blogger there are some blogs that keep "refreshing" or something. It is so frustrating because I will comment and then *poof* it disappears. If anyone knows a fix...let me know...it would really help me out!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! Wonderful Wet Watercolor Results!! Love the color choices, great use of the sketch and LOVE that stamped back panel! Beautiful!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Huh! That's really weird Erika!! I don't get it.....I just read your comment about the 'refreshing' thing on my blog. I haven't had any other comments like that. Let me know what you find out!! And GORGEOUS card by the way!! You rock!!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. I love the wet watercolor technique.

Anonymous said...

Love the results on this one! I don't know what the other one looked like, but this is very pretty! I love doing this technique with the Roses in Winter set!! (2 bad it's retired!)

www.basementstamping.typepad.com

Unknown said...

beautiful card! and so nice to 'meet' a fellow Wisconsin stamper!!

My Paper World said...

Gorgeous! I love the colours, great teqnique!