Tuesday, September 4, 2007

First day of Kindergarten



I never thought I would be the mom that would get all choked up when their child went out into the big, scary world...but I guess I am. Today my girl went off to Kindergarten and I couldn't talk about it all day without getting all choked up. Of course, she had a wonderful day and everything went well for her.

While my little guy napped, I got a chance to get downstairs and stamp before work. Today on SCS is the color challenge and the colors were Always Artichoke and Groovy Guava. I used the retired Botanicals set, Sanded background, Weathered background, and Happy Harmony set for the sentiment. The leaves are folded and popped up with dimensionals. I did some distressing and used creamy caramel for the Sanded background. Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE the way those leaves pop out on your card!! Very nice! Wow!! I remember those earlier years when my boys were on the "first day of school"! It goes SO fast! Enjoy while you can every minute! ;)

www.basementstamping.typepad.com

Chris said...

I loved your blueberry card on SCS and this is equally beautiful! So glad I peeked in on your blog! :D
Chris (SCS: allamericanstampers)

Anonymous said...

oh.....I totally get this post. I sent my baby off to kindergarten this year...Couldn't even take pictures. I was afraid I would break down..hugs! Hope kindergarten is going well!