Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Happy Day

Thanks to all of you who responded to my question about books you couldn't put down. When I posted I put the deadline out a week, because I thought it would take that long for someone to find my blog candy...LOL!

Today I did not have much time to create. I actually worked at one of the nursing homes and when I walked in...I found out I had a new swallow evalutation to do, so I didn't get in and get out like I usually do. Then I took my kids to the public library because the book, One Thousand Spendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, I requested came in...so I needed to rush and pick that up. Soon I will NOT be able to put it down, so my blogging may slow down a bit...but first I have to survive putting on my sister's bridal shower on Sat. I am expecting around 35 people. Wish me luck!


Ok, enough rambling. Here is a quick card I made tonight for this week's color challenge on SCS. Colors are Blue Bayou, Choc. Chip, and River Rock. I used reverse masking and inking with polyester fiberfill on this card. If you notice a trend in ribbon color...you will be able to predict the 2 spools of ribbon that the blog candy recipient will receive. The main image is a stamp set from The Angel Company (LOVE the price and quality of their stamps!) and the background is done using versamark and the pine bough from Peaceful Wishes and sentiment is from Nice & Narrow(SU!). To make the "snow" I used liquid applique. Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

This card is ADORABLE!! Love the techniques you used...that background and those trees are gorgeous!!

Momsnack said...

That bear is so cute - I'm usually not into animal stamps, but I love that one!
NancyS (momsnack)

Linda SS said...

One of the cutest cards I've ever seen:)

Anonymous said...

This card is so gorgeous!! LOVE it!! :) TFS!!

www.basementstamping.typepad.com

Mrs. Nancy G said...

So clever! I love it!
:-)