Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Birthday Pennant Banner

I have SO much scrapbook paper, tools, and doo-dads from my paper scrapbooking days, that I feel guilty for only doing digital scrapbooking pages. So....I decided that I am going to make an effort to use some of my supplies. I am invited to my aunt's 80th birthday party on Saturday, so I decided to whip up this birthday pennant banner.Detatils: Each one was cut from a sheet of 12x12 in. paper. I marked one edge at 3 in, 6 in, and 9 in. and the other end at 6 inches. I then took a ruler as a straight edge and connected the dots to create the triangle pennants. 3 pennants were created from each sheet. Then I took a foam brush and some paint and painted the edges. The left over bits I cut in 1in x 6 in strips and used a scallop punch from Stampin' Up to create the scalloped edge at the top of each one. I used my Crop-o-dile to put 2 holes to thread the ribbon through.

Supplies: All paper is by Crate Paper, ribbon is by Stampin' up (old...cranberry crisp days). The hearts are from Heidi Grace, the chipboard letters are Basic Grey and "C" is an "O" from Stampin Up' that I cut/modified, and paint is Making Memories.

3 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

this is fabulous.. good for you!!!!

renka20 said...

I really like the scalloped trim. Very pretty.

Adrienne said...

I found your blog cause I googled how to cut pennants from 12x12 paper! I knew somewhere out there someone would have devoted the brain power to doing the measuring so I didn't have to! Made a pretty banner today for my daughter's shower using your suggesions ~ it turned out great!! THANKS!