Friday, August 24, 2007

Delightful Autumn


The challenge this week for the Ways to Use it challenge on SCS was to make a Halloween or autumn card. I hate to admit it, but I have very little in the way of either one, so I had to improvise. The original image has a girl in the wagon...but I had the perfect pumpkin to stick in there instead. To get the girl out and the pumpkin in...I covered the girl with masking tape, inked up the stamp with Timber brown staz-on and then before I stamped it on my watercolor paper, I took the tape off. To get the pumpkin in, I already had a mask of the whole image, so I just folded the girl in the wagon down and then stamped that pumpkin. The pumpkin image is a clear stamp from CTMH Autumn Gifts set, so it made it real simple to line it up into the wagon. I colored the image with prismacolor pencils and then used gamsol. The sentiment is from SU!- Paint Prints set. Lastly, the patterned paper is Wild Asparagus. Thanks for looking...and have a delightful autumn.

4 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Wow...some great creations!

Alhambra Club said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, your cards are great, love the coloring you did on this card.

simplyfairies said...

What a grand job you made of it, the pumpkin soooo looks like it was always there.....

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I don't have many autumn stamps either. You did a wonderful job on this card. Very cute.